Thursday, October 06, 2005

Things I'm thankful for: friends

As mentioned a blog or two ago, sometimes its good to stop and have a quiet time with the Lord. Sometimes as well its good to have quiet times with friends and find out what's really going on in the hearts and minds of those we care for.

One of the great blessings I enjoy is the way that God has surrounded me with friends. Not just any friends, but really supportive friends; the type that you can open up to and share what's going on in your life with, as well as have a good time with.

I had a really good discussion with one such friend this evening, and we both found out quite a bit about the other; although I think he found out more about me than I about him; and its just such a relief to be able to get things off my chest with someone I can trust.

Friends are just one more thing for which I am continually thankful to God. I hope and pray that we all take the time to evaluate our friendships and how much they mean to us, and that we would be constantly in prayer for those whom we care for.

God gives us so much every day to be thankful for; may we praise Him always and in all things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home