Monday, March 13, 2006

Even on the Worst Days...

It's funny how things can sometimes hit you only after they're past. Take today for example. I woke up this morning and had to go to work; it was raining and by the time I made it to the subway, both feet were wet, and my jacket was beginning to soak through. I got to work early, but that only meant that I had time to spend on Greek homework (I like Greek, but first thing in the morning; right before I start work? C'mon!). I was then greeted by the most mundane of tasks and duties that I have thus far encountered at the store, and spent about 60% of my day trying to solve other peoples problems over the phone or tracking down things that we didn't carry in stock. Sounds like a crumby day right?

Here's the thing...throughout the whole day, almost none of this bothered me at the time, because I was simply content to be able to do what I do. I stopped once or twice to reflect on some of the days events, and then it seemed that things had been a whole lot worse than they actually had been. But that isn't my point.

Later on, after even more relatively uninteresting and mundane "activities (?)" I came to a yet greater conclusion concerning the day: God is good!
I hadn't really thought about it much all day, just as I had sort of taken for granted the way that things were going to go at work and put myself in that frame of mind, I think I also had come to take the fact that God is good so much for granted that it simply hadn't occurred to me all day. Which brings me to my point...

Even on the worst days, God continues to be exactly who is is and always has been. I think that all too often we fail to stop and reflect on who God is and what He has done for us, even just in that day since we have gotten out of bed. Everyday I get out of bed. Sounds like a simple thing, and sometimes I don't even want to, yet how many people are unable to do this on their own, or in some cases at all. I complain some days because of classes or homework, or work, or because I'm too busy, but how blessed I am to have the opportunity to go to school, and to be able to do hoimework, and to have a job? All of this is by God's providential sustaining work in my life, and in that same way, He sometimes uses me in the lives of others (such as those people I sometimes have to deal with at work).

All of that just to say that God is as good today as He was yesterday as he will be tommorrow. Leave it to me to find the wordy way to say it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Yay! I'm the first person (other than you) to leave a comment on here! I feel so priveleged!

Hope you had a fantastic week at camp Donald...thanks for everything!! Take care.

Ruth

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home