Monday, February 06, 2006

Haven't blogged in a while...

When hearts are broken, and hope seems lost
and feebled hearts and minds are tossed
and all the world, cold, hard as ice,
and souls lay upon it, burdened thrice,
the foes and troubles all compressed
and pressing 'pon this now troubled breast
till all the life has ebbed away
and faith holds not for light of new day
but buried far 'neath cares so deep
the spirit, hopeless, longs for sleep.

What now upon this earth can save,
from out its sorrows and escape the grave?
There is no comfort hidden here,
but only fuel for pain and tear.
All that once didst bring me joy
has now my heart sought to destroy;
friends have left and love's forsaken;
all earthly comfort from me taken.
Trials trials seek me all around
as I lie there cold, within that ground.

Yet as cares and fears should darken,
a sweet voice I hear and to it hearken,
and to it come with all my soul,
and that once broken becomes whole;
and every shattered piece replaced,
not by my will but by His grace.
Now glorious end of pain in sight,
His face so radiant, shines so bright,
that greatest darkness, much less night,
can e'er presume to usurp His light;
but my spirit looking 'ponHim is lifted,
up to highest heaven and there is gifted
with blessed life for evermore,
with n more pain, famine or war.
Merely human in life I am flawed,
but Holy and mighty is my God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home