Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back at blogging and a little fed up

It's been a while since I have blogged (ok it's been ages since I've blogged), but I finally have some time to do it.

I am slightly miffed. First of all I should say that I don't normally get political on the net, but this time I've had enough. For the last couple of weeks, all I have heard about is which party is less environmentally friendly than the other, which leader said what in the past, and how it's so very important but they would rather spend time duking it out for an election than actually doing something about the issue. This is one of the problems with party politics, everyone is more concerned about how much power their party has than actually doing anything beneficial.

Don't get me wrong, I think the environment is a very important issue. I think there is inherent in man's God given mandate a responsibility to care for our surroundings, and I think that extends far beyond the ozone layer. What I am saying is that for far too long, the environment has been a political fortress for politicians to hide behind or platform on, but there has been terribly little done about it. We constantly hear about car emmisions, and to that end the drive clean program has been a good idea, at least in Ontario, but how widely implemented is it ini other provinces? Car emmisions only count for a very minute portion of "greenhouse" emmisions, so lets see some higher standards on factories, and more regulations concerning industrial and commercial power consumption.

Whatever the govenment decides right now is irrelevant. The problem is not one of a lack of ideas and potential solutions to the problem, but that no one in Parliament really wants to do anything. If these people who are supposed to be representatives of the people really are representing the people, then why can't they put party differences aside and work together on something they supposedly agree on?

Likely more will follow this post, but for now, that's my rant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home