Tuesday, October 18, 2005

God is good

Of course this goes without saying, but I have a reason for saying this. Please bear with me.

Here at TBS, the occasional opportunity arises to get out and see another little corner of the theological world. Some weeks ago, one such opportunity came across my path to go to Grand Rapids for a library dedication ceremony. For many reasons I jumped at the chance and eagerly accepted the invitation.
Yesterday brought the news that the trip had been cancelled, much to my great dismay and disappointment. Yet in the midst of this disappointment I find great joy. My work was going to be condensed for the entire week into three days, I had to find someone to replace me for a couple of duties, and I would be faced with the momentous decision of what books to buy and what books to leave (possibly a psyche shattering decision in itself).
Instead, I am now ahead (ok, caught up) in my work, I no longer have any of the burdens that had presented themselves, and the reasons for the trip being cancelled, which were wholly laudable reasons, can be addressed and taken care of.

My point is this; that even in times of extreme disappoinment and regret, God is every bit as active as He is at other times in our life. God is good, looking after not our wants, but our needs. What I wanted was to go to Grand Rapids, what I needed was to get ahead in my studies and have some time to relax (as though that ever happens!).
While I was so caught up in my own desires, I had failed to live by faith in regards to what was going on in my life; thank God for His grace in bringing me back to where I should have been the whole time.

God is good, and greatly to be praised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home