Monday, October 10, 2005

Thanksgiving...do we really?

Not that anyone reads this anyway, but if they did, they would notice that I've not posted for a few days. There is reason for that; I was home for thanksgiving. One of the things that seems to come up over thanksgiving is that we often fail to stop, except maybe before a meal, to give thanks to God for what He has done for us, and the truth is there is so much if we just stop to think about it.

So here's some of my list from just the past weekend.

I'm thankful for:
My friends Mark and Debby, and their children, who came down to
pick me up to go home for the weekend, and the time I was able
to spend with them later

The wedding of my friend Shawn and his new wife Theodora

My friends Andrew and Kara, who provided my lodgings and much of
my food over the weekend

Time spent with my family today

Time to share with some friends what's going on in our lives and
some moments of encouragement

God's provision for manty of my friends and myself just over
what He's done in the past weekend

The pastor of my home church, who has been a huge encouragement
to me

A safe return to school tonight and some quiet time with a few
friends, including the chance to buy Phil supper

And the list goes on, but let's face it, you have more important things to think about than what God has done for me; think about what He has done for you in the past year; the past month, probably even the past day or so there are things that should come to mind.

We have a holiday (holy day?) that we call thanksgiving; but how often do we stop to give thanks? And when we do, who is that thanks given to? Let us give thanks to God, and Him alone.

To God be all glory, honour and praise!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

I noticed your absence!

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home