Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Thanksgiving again?

I know that with the exceptions of our American cousins to the South, Thanksgiving is now over with. However, as I mentioned awhile ago, I don't think that constitutes a reason to stop being thankful. In fact I would say that God has creatd us to worship, and part of that worship is in the being thankful for all things, according to our understanding of God; both who He is and what He has done.

I recently had a couple of days to consider these things while away from school, where I coud stop from the hectic schedule and life of seminary and consider just what God has done for me in my own life. Just the blessing of somewhere to go and some old friends to visit, and God's provision for the trip, was more than enough to get me thinking about how much praise and worship I don't give God simlpy because I fail to consider His workings in my life.

How often do things happen in our lives that are wonderful and we rejoice in them, but do not give God any glory; or we give Him jus enough glory to keep our conscience clear. We ought to be glorifying God in all things; if in rejoicing, then thank Him and praise Him that we have cause to rejoice; if in suffering, then knowing that our suffering is for a purpose.

God is good in allthings, how acn we possibly diminish that goodess to just one weekend a year to give thanks to Him? we can't, at least not if we are sincere. Let us worship and give thanks in all things.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ian Hugh Clary said...

Heya Bucko,
How come you haven't posted in a while??
Peace.

11:25 AM  
Blogger dohmnal said...

Now I've posted so you should be happy again. Eh boyo?

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home